It can be challenging to select the ideal smartphone in the constantly changing world of smartphones. In this field, competitors include the Nothing Phone 2 and the Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G. Both phones have attractive features, but they also have some key distinctions. In this post, we’ll compare these two smartphones in great detail, taking into account a number of factors including pricing, display, RAM, camera, and technological features.
Price and Launch
Let’s examine the prices and release dates for various devices. On January 4, 2022, the Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G was on sale for Rs. 39,999. The Nothing Phone 2, in contrast, made its debut on July 11, 2023, costing Rs. 44,999. The more recent and expensive choice is the Nothing Phone 2.
The display comparison is the next item on the list. The smartphone experience as a whole is greatly influenced by the display.
- Screen Size: The Nothing Phone 2 has a larger 6.7-inch screen than the Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G, which has a 6.4-inch screen. The Nothing Phone 2 is the best option if you like a larger display.
- Display Type: The Nothing Phone 2 uses an OLED screen, which frequently produces brilliant colors and deep blacks, for its display. The Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G employs a different sort of screen, though. Nothing Phone 2 has the advantage in this case if you place a high emphasis on the display’s quality.
- Screen Density: The Nothing Phone 2 has a PPI of 394, while the Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G has 411 PPI. As a result, Samsung’s phone might provide somewhat sharper pictures.
- Display to Body Ratio: With a screen-to-body ratio of roughly 87.2%, the Nothing Phone 2 leads the pack in this category, while the Samsung phone trails with about 85.3%. Generally speaking, more screen space and a more immersive experience are associated with a larger screen-to-body ratio.
- Dimension Ratio The aspect ratios of the Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G and Nothing Phone 2 are 19.5:9 and 20:9, respectively. In practical terms, the distinction may not matter.
Comparison of Memories
Let’s now explore these smartphones’ memory capacities.
- RAM: Both the Nothing Phone 2 and the Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G have 8 GB of RAM. This guarantees effortless multitasking and effective execution for the majority of tasks.
- Internal Memory: The internal storage on both devices is a substantial 128 GB. Your files, programs, and images should all have enough room as a result.
- Slot for Memory Card: It’s important to note that both phones feature memory card slots, enabling you to increase storage space if necessary. For consumers who need more storage space, this is a practical feature.
Comparison of Cameras
For many purchasers, a smartphone’s camera capabilities are a deciding factor. Let’s compare the performance of these two phones in this area.
- Rear Camera: The 50 MP + 50 MP dual-back camera combination on the Nothing Phone 2 offers remarkable resolution. The Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G, in comparison, has a triple rear camera setup with 12 MP, 12 MP, and 8 MP. Nothing in Phone 2 leads in terms of raw resolution.
- Front Camera: A 32 MP front camera on both phones enables high-definition selfies and video calls. They are comparable in this respect.
The technical details will now be discussed.
- Operating System: The Android operating system is used by both phones. However, Android version 11 is used by the Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G, while Android version 13 is used by the Nothing Phone 2. The newest Android features and enhancements are advantageous for the Nothing Phone 2.
Comparison chart between the Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G and the Nothing Phone 2:
|Feature||Nothing Phone 2||SAMSUNG GALAXY S21 FE 5G|
|Operating System||Android 13||Android 12|
|Dimension||162.1 x 76.4 x 8.6 mm||155.7 x 74.5 x 7.9 mm|
|Weight||201.2 g||177 g|
|SIM||Nano-SIM and dual stand-by dual SIM||Single Nano-SIM or Dual Nano-SIM (dual stand-by)|
|Samsung Pay||Yes (approved by MasterCard and Visa).||No|
|Colors||Dark Grey and White||White, Olive, Graphite, Lavender|
|Launch||July 2023||Jan 2022|
|DATA||GSM, HSPA, LTE, and 5G||GSM, CDMA, HSPA, EVDO, LTE, and 5G|
|Chipset||SM8475 Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 (4 nm) from Qualcomm||Version 1 of Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 888 5G (5 nm) processor and Version 2 of Exynos 2100 (5 nm) processor|
|GPU||Adreno 730||Mali-G78 MP14 version 2 and Adreno 660 version 1|
|Technology||1B colours, LTPO OLED||AMOLED Dynamic 2X|
|Size||6.7 inches||6.4 inches|
|Resolution||20:9 aspect ratio, 1080 by 2412 pixels, and 394 ppi density||20:9 aspect ratio, 1080 by 2400 pixels, 411 ppi density|
|Protection||Gorilla Glass Corning||Victus Corning Gorilla Glass|
|Features||HDR10+, 1600 nits (HBM), 120Hz frame rate, and Always On Display||Refresh rate of 120 Hz, HDR10+, and an Always On Display|
|RAM||8/12GB RAM||6/8GB RAM|
|Memory Storage||Built-in 128/256/512GB||Built-in 128/256GB|
|Main (Rear/Back)||Dual 50 MP, f/1.9, 24mm wide and 50 MP, f/2.2, 114° ultrawide cameras||Triple 12 MP, f/1.8, 76mm (telephoto), 8 MP, f/2.4, and 12 MP, f/2.2, 13mm (ultrawide)|
|Features||HDR, panoramic, and LED flash||panorama, auto-HDR, and an LED flash|
|Video||1080p@30/60fps, 4K@30/60fps||1080p@30fps, 4K@30/60fps|
|Front||32 MP, f/2.5 (wide),||26mm (wide), f/2.2, 32 MP|
|Features||HDR, 1080p@30fps video||HDR, video in 4K at 30/60 frames per second, and gyro-EIS|
|WiFi (WLAN)||Dual-band Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot||Dual-band Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot|
|Bluetooth||5.3, A2DP, LE||5.2, A2DP, LE|
|USB||USB On-The-Go, USB Type-C 2.0||USB On-The-Go, USB Type-C 3.2|
|Sensors||Accelerometer, proximity sensor, gyroscope, compass, and optical fingerprint (under display)||Accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, Bixby natural language commands, optical fingerprint (under display), and dictation|
|Capacity||4700 mAh non-removable Li-Ion battery||4500 mAh non-removable Li-Ion battery|
|Charging||Wireless charging 15W, reverse wireless charging 5W, fast charging 45W, 100% in 55 minutes||Reverse wireless charging, 25W of fast charging power, 50% in 30 minutes, 15W of fast wireless charging power|
Disclaimer: We do not warrant that the data on this website is entirely accurate.
In conclusion, your choices and priorities will determine whether you choose the Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G or the Nothing Phone 2. The Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G offers a little more cheap alternative with comparable memory specifications, however the Nothing Phone 2 boasts a larger and presumably more vivid display, higher resolution cameras, and the most recent version of Android.
Is the Nothing Phone 2 price premium above that of the Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G worthwhile?
Depending on your priorities, the Nothing Phone 2 has varying value. If a larger, higher-resolution display and more sophisticated camera features are important to you, the additional expense can be justified.
Can I upgrade both phones’ storage?
Yes, both phones have memory card slots that you can use to increase storage as necessary.
Which smartphone has the highest screen-to-body ratio?
The screen-to-body ratio of the Nothing Phone 2 is somewhat higher, providing a more immersive viewing experience.
Do these phones get software updates on a frequent basis?
Both devices are powered by Android, but because of its more recent Android version, the Nothing Phone 2 is probably going to get upgrades for a longer period of time.
What distinguishing qualities does the Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G have?
Many consumers will find the Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G to be a terrific alternative because it provides a more affordable option with a reliable camera setup and enough of storage.