The National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) created the Unified Payments Interface (UPI), a real-time payment system. Users can utilize their virtual payment address (VPA) or mobile phone number to make payments with UPI. Establish a strong UPI PIN and change it frequently to protect your UPI transactions.
Changing your PIN for the Unified Payments Interface (UPI) is an essential step to make sure your digital transactions are secure. The procedure is simple, regardless of whether you want to update your PIN for security purposes or you suspect any unauthorised access.
Tips for Updating Your PIN on UPI
- Make sure the UPI PIN you choose is strong, easy to remember, and challenging for others to figure out.
- Never disclose your UPI PIN to third parties.
- Regularly change your UPI PIN.
- You can reset your UPI PIN by following the directions in your UPI app if you can’t remember it.
Here’s how to change your UPI PIN step-by-step:
- Open the smartphone app that supports UPI. This might be any UPI app that is specific to a bank, such as Paytm, PhonePe, or Google Pay.
- Next, log in to your account with your login information, which could be your mobile number, UPI ID, or any other information the app specifically asks for.
- Go to the UPI services or settings area after logging in. Usually, this can be found in the app’s main menu or as a distinct option.
- Look under the UPI services menu for the ‘Change UPI PIN’ or ‘Reset UPI PIN’ option.
- To continue, you’ll be asked to enter your current UPI PIN.
- Following your entry of the current UPI PIN, a new UPI PIN setting prompt will appear. Make sure your PIN is both secure and strong.
- To confirm, enter the new UPI PIN again.
- Once the new PIN has been entered and verified, submit the modifications.
- The successful modification of your UPI PIN should be confirmed by a message to you.
- How to Make Payments Offline Using UPI Without the Internet
- UPI Undergoes a Significant Redesign and Now Incorporates AI to Facilitate Conversational Payments.
- UPI Lite Is Now Available Through Google Pay For Quicker Small-Value Transactions.
- How To Use GPay, Paytm, And Other UPI Applications To Make Payment Using SBI, ICICI, HDFC, And Other Credit Cards